It’s that time of year again! This year, LSA is teaming up with a local business to thank you for volunteering!
Click here to download the: VolunteerBikeCountFlyer2013
Each year PAG conducts bicycle and pedestrian counts at various locations across the greater Tucson region for a period of two weeks. Information collected from these counts is absolutely vital to making informed decisions about where our limited, regional resources can and should be utilized to make the most impact. Funding decisions and safety enhancement priorities are determined in part by the results of these counts.
We need YOU to help make these counts count!
You have the opportunity to make improvements where they will benefit the most users, increase safety, and encourage biking and walking in Tucson!
Signing up for a Bicycle and Pedestrian Count shift is easy:
- ATTEND TRAINING: If you’ve never counted before, be sure to attend ONE of the SHORT volunteer training sessions – Wednesday, Oct. 9th, 2:30 pm or Thursday, Oct. 10th, 6:00 pm. Both are held at Himmel Park Library, 1035 N. Treat Ave., Tucson, AZ 85716.
- SIGN-UP: Sign-up for volunteer times and locations using PAG’s interactive web map, which can be accessed from the 2013 count web page at: http://www.pagnet.org/bikecount
- PERFORM A COUNT: Perform a bicycle and pedestrian count at the particular location you selected on step 2.
- MAIL IN COUNT SHEET: using the self-addressed, stamped envelope given to you by PAG.
- JOIN LSA AND TAP & BOTTLE FOR A SPECIAL VOLUNTEER COUNTER APPRECIATION HAPPY HOUR! Stop by Tap & Bottle, 403 N 6th Ave., between 5 and 7 pm on Tuesday, November 5th, check in with LSA and enjoy $1 off any beer or wine, light snacks, plus other in-house drink specials. You earned it!
Joining us? Register here:
[civicrm component=”event” id=”5″ action=”register” mode=”live”]